Moving residences is a large undertaking. Without organization, it can get hectic. Use the following moving checklist to stay organized and ensure your move is as streamlined and easy as possible.
- Go through each room and decide which items you will keep, which you will throw away, and which you will give away. A couple of months before the move, decide what to purge and what to pack. This makes moving much easier.
- If you have children and are moving into a new school district, make all necessary arrangements for transfer records and settle the start date.
- Take measurements of your new residence, making sure there is enough clearance to fit furniture.
- Call us to book a date and plan your move!
- Set aside anything you plan to transport yourself.
- If you are packing instead of the movers, pack and label boxes to ensure the movers know where things belong and how to load the truck.
- Forward mail and send notice of change of address to banks, magazines, insurance companies, and creditors.
- Contact utility companies to schedule a switch so that all is in order when you arrive at your new residence.
- If you have a long drive to get where you’re going, schedule a checkup for your vehicle. This way, you won’t have any unpleasant surprises during the trip.
- Pack suitcases and all other items you will be transporting with you.
- A week before your move, feel free to call us and confirm arrangements.
A little organization goes a long way. Having a checklist and ticking it off makes the process of moving as smooth as possible. For more information on preparation, or to schedule you move, please contact us.